7 STEPS TO
by Karl Arnold Belser, Ph.D.
© Copyright 2004,2005 by Karl Arnold Belser
I have reformulated ideas from Vern Black's book The Integrity Tone Scale and from Werner Erhardt's Erhardt Seminars Training (EST) (History - 332 KB), both from the 1970's, as a seven step personal development process symbolized by the Personal Development Diagram above. I have used the infinity sign in the diagram to indicate that the process is never-ending.
The seven steps are:
1) TAKE A RISK by trying something new.
2) OVERCOME IGNORANCE by discovering the truth.
3) AVOID DENIAL by accepting the truth.
4) ESCAPE CONFUSION by deciding to have results.
5) GAIN AWARENESS by picking a task and taking action.
6) IMMERSE IN ACTIVITY by completing what's started.
7) HAVE SATISFACTION and decide to have more results.
Go back to step 1.
Note that one may be in several different situations, each resulting in a different state of the Personal Development Diagram...
Click on any of the boxes in the Personal Development Diagram or the steps in the list for a detailed description and a real-life illustration.